Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Speak no evil of an absent friend."

Did you miss me? I'm long on ideas and short on time lately. Aren't we all??


Recently I've taken a pattern making class from First Samples, and while the place was adorable and inspiring, pattern making is not really my cup of tea. I had my first intuition when I started gathering my tools and my husband the engineer had almost all of them. It pretty much took every skill set that I don't have and wrapped it all into one. I think a good artist, someone with major spatial skills, or an engineer, someone geeked up about precision work, formulas, and perfection would ace this class. I'm an outside the box, tactile, learn from guessing kind of worker bee, so although it was a great time, I don't see myself doing a lot of pattern making in the future.

I know what I love most about sewing is playing with fabric. I love color, pattern, and texture. I love the design aspect. Besides when I can find patterns as cute as these by Amy Butler, why would I mess with a good thing. You know Amy Butler has a new book out too. It's called Midwest Modern. The photos are amazing! Speaking of books, I FINALLY got Bend-the-Rules Sewing by Amy Karol. It's so lovely, and what's even lovelier is I found it at JoAnn's fabric and happened to have my flyer with my 50% off coupon in my purse! Sweet~

No comments: