Friday, July 24, 2009

Listening for My Calling

Since my youngest is starting kindergarten this year I thought I would gloss over this interesting book, 48 Days to the Work you Love, recommended by a friend. (Maybe figure out what I want to be when I grow up.)

Okay, oh, hello...life changer. This book is amazing. It's inspiring, uplifting, and specific. It's about finding your calling by knowing yourself and listening for the call. Sounds vague. It is not! Not only is this book a major vocation motivator it's also an emotional B-12 shot. Read it!

Also, if you or someone you know has been laid off, is looking for work, or is even depressed. Buy them this book! He explains an excellent, specific job hunt as well as recounting encouraging side stories.

Alright after you read this book and you are gun-ho to determine who you are, why you were put on this earth, what you have to offer that noone else can, and what your "changeless core" is, yet you come up drawing a blank. Then you pull out this book :

What Color is Your Parachute? Do the specific exercises. You will discover what you are good at and what you really enjoy.

Okay so I don't know what I want to be when I "grow up". But I do know what I want to do with my life right now. I know what I want my life to look like. I know what I value. I've determined what my priorities are and what I do well. Are you dying to know what I'm going to be?

Dan Miller's website

No comments: