Friday, July 24, 2009

My Life Plan

As you surely know by now, Jed's has been laid to rest. I've been handling some serious life events and creatively I was hitting some real motivational walls. I still love to sew. I still love fabric, pattern, and creating. But right now it's not what I want to do as a job. Sadly, you will notice the website is gone. It was a tough decision, but the right one (for now).

I felt like I woke up one day and the life I was building turned out to be nothing at all like I intended. I know it's a combination of "life happens" and me feeling dominated by circumstance. So I decided it was time to make some changes. To be intentional about where I was going and what I was doing with my life. I felt like the proverbial "chicken with my head cut-off" running around in circles, but never really accomplishing anything. Never really having anything to show for it. But before I could really lasso the bull by the horns, I had to define down what path I truly wanted to head, and how I truly want my life to look. For what am I truly here?

On the path to develop my "life plan" I asked myself these three important questions:

1. What can I do that time just flies by? (What do I really love?)
-talking -reading -research -teaching -being creative & using my hands -being original -sewing -painting -traveling -listening to music -finding new "things" -predicting trends (before the curve) -developing relationships
2.What themes have stayed consistent in my life?
-nutrition -spirituality & philosophy -teaching -young people/children -writing -creative outlets -nature -natural/organic -food
3. What legacy do I want to leave behind? (How do I want others to remember me when I'm gone?)
-loving -kind -intelligent -dynamic -pioneer -adventurous -unafraid -unashamed -fun to be with -edifying -novel -classic -beautiful -make others feel better -genuine -authentic -honest -strong -stand for what I believe -small but mighty -full of laughter -thoughtful

I answered tons of other questions like these. I really evaluated what I want, what I value, and how I want my life to look. I set specific goals and wrote them in my journal. Are you dying to know what I'm choosing to do with my life?

1 comment:

Kevin Pratt said...

Sarah, you ARE all of those things that you want to be. You do a marvelous job of doing and being all that is meaningful to you.