Swirly head is back. There is so much to do, and my head is spinning. So in true "Sarah" form here is one of my rambling "debriefings".
I have big plans to promote Jed's this summer. One of those ways is by utilizing The Sampler . I sent in 75 cards to be distributed for the months of June and July. So we shall see.
It's a great website, definitely check it out. Look what I found while I was on there. If this doesn't inspire you to embroider, I don't know what would. http://www.dreamfollow.com/gallery2.html I really love blue trees and summer .
This week I also entered the American Sewing Expo competition. I sent in two aprons to the "Not your Mother's Apron" contest. All the proceeds go to a food bank. Isn't that wonderful? I also sent in some of my favorite Christmas cards to the Somerset Studio "Special Holiday Project" challenge. I would really love to see those cards in that magazine come Christmas time. A girl can dream can't she?
Next on the to do list:
- send in the Stitch application. fingers crossed, i hope, hope, hope i will peddle my wares at stitch this year.
- finish a picture journal i'm working on
- finish two baby quilts i'm working on
- make two shirts for my 10 year high school reunion. throw back to adolescence, "i couldn't be caught dead wearing anything someone else was wearing, right?"
- make a commissioned baby bag
- sew aprons, totes, t-shirts, onesies for stitch and festival of angels. maybe sell artwork this year, like my shadow boxes ???hmmm???
- write press releases. drum up some PR
- prep work and sewing zine for sewing camp
- reschedule camp 1--i'm thinking about july 16th-19th from 1-4pm
- schedule ladies sewing class--i'm thinking july 31, aug 2, and aug 7. check out the new sewing lounge in kingwood and see if it would be a nice place to hold the class? pick times.
- start crafty girl's guide to creative living zine
Ahh, much better. Swirly head is ready for bed. :)