Thursday, January 31, 2008

So I Made that Apple Pie


There's a party in my tummy, so
yummy, so yummy...

So here it is right before it went into
the oven. Isn't she lovely...
The end result = delicious, everyone in the house was a fan. Funny story though, the night I baked it my husband didn't eat any pie when the girls and I tried it. Later that night, I went upstairs to put the girls to bed and when I came downstairs he was eating a BIG helping of pie and watching TV. He NEVER, not once, made a comment about it. No "this is good" or "thanks for the pie". I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
irritated. I wanted to yank the bowl out of his hands. Normally I would have made a comment or at least gone fishing for one. I mean this was handmade crust and a dad-gum homeade apple pie. No freezer, no box, but an old-fashioned labor of love. I went to bed angry (one of my no-nos) and woke up angry, but I didn't say a word (next to impossible for me). However when he came home the next day from work, he was casually looking through the mail and out of nowhere came over and gave me a high five and said, "Oh, that by the way was the best apple pie I've ever had!" Redeemed. I did mentioned how I'd been seething at him for almost 24 hours now, so he better be glad he removed his head from his... luckily he's still my sweetie pie.
At least it ended well. And now the pie is gone, all gone. If you want to take an apple pie adventure of your own these are the recipes I used:
Good Luck

1 comment:

Audra said...

As much as I'd like to feel sorry for you and your apple pie story...I think we both know I have several others that trump it. :)

MISS YOU SO MUCH! When I realize that it's too late to call you guys, I hit your website to get a little "Sarah sugar." Love you!